Thursday, November 14, 2013

I am back in the quilting mode!

November has started off much better than the past three months, as far as my quilt projects are concerned. I have completed an early Christmas present (which was due in September!) I can share this one because I already gave it to the recipient. I wanted her to have fun sharing Advent and Christmas books with her granddaughter, while snuggled under this lap quilt. The fabric was excess after we made a Christmas stocking for the granddaughter last year.


I see the end of the work for the October quilt. My November one is finished for this year - the top is done and quilting will be on the list for 2014.


And don't forget to start locating your Christmas books to share during December! REad a picture book a day to all ages or share short chapter books with your children. I hope everyone has read The Best Christmas Pageant Ever, by Barbara Robinson. I was amazed when I saw the teacher's name was Miss Brandel - which is my maiden name, and the name I had when I first started teaching :-)

4 comments:

  1. I think I still have the copy of The Best Christmas Pageant Ever that you gave me (since I was another Miss Brandel).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely present. I am sure many hours will be spent snuggled under it.
    Cheers Pauline

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a very wonderful thing to read a Christmas book. I don't have children, but love the suggestion. Great that you were able to use your excess to make your lap quilt. Your friends Granddaughter should love it! Sandi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My kids are grown now, but I like picture books for me!

      Delete